About yourself and your work.
1. Please tell us about how you became a psychologist. Did it accidentally, did you ever dream about this profession, perhaps following in the footsteps of relatives or you had an idol?
On the first education I am an engineer-designer. I married young and gave birth to a child, I had an interesting and prestigious job. From the side, almost picture perfect. But for 27 years it became clear to me that something goes wrong.)) There was a feeling of General dissatisfaction with his life. I was on the verge of divorce, had a couple of serious diseases. Worked a lot, felt exhausted, depleted. It was a "dead end" in this state, I came to the psychologist. And work has begun. A difficult job. Three years every week I went to the other end of the city in the place where you can talk about it, most of my "dead ends". Me and my life since has changed dramatically. And these changes continue to impress me. Then I got the second higher education is psychological and learn in one of the directions of psychotherapy, was trained in various specializations. In a nutshell, for 10 years I am constantly learning.
2. How many years have you been working in this field? the
Seven years ago, I started working in this field. During this time I worked as a psychologist in different areas and organizations: "the Department of emergency psychological aid", TCSO; collaborated with the NGO "radislava" - psychological assistance to victims of violence; consulted the helpline; in the organization "Levania" working with parents of children with disabilities; worked as a clinical psychologist in RSPC "Mental health". It was the difficult and necessary work experience that changed me, shaped my professional identity.
3. In fact, the profession is the image that you represent to get started? How?
I predstavleni that the work of a psychologist is enough to get a good education and to learn certain techniques.
But the reality is much more complicated. It became clear that for optimum performance, you need continuous learning and this is only one part. And the second important, in my opinion – is that everything I learn I pass through him, "internally probative". And as a result transform your personality, the inner content. And it has become a way of life.
my current belief is that the psychologist works with the person and not only a set of professional knowledge and techniques.
4. What are the rules of psychological ethics cannot be broken?
There is a set of rules of the professional community. In this context, I would emphasize: confidentiality, respect for the client, his personal history, a unique experience.
5. How often do you seek the advice of friends and acquaintances? Do they expect that you will not act like a normal person and as a psychologist?
I Appeal, but less.)) If a person is going through complex life events, difficult experiences – I truly support, will offer assistance. But the professional part is trying not to turn on. I do not support the format of relations "psychologist for a friend" – this is not fair and tiring. I don't particularly believe that tips help. Other possible, to help the sincere involvement, care, possible cause.
-Yes, and that's why I'm not going to say how you should live.
6. In life you always take wise informed decisions or sometimes emotions take over and shut out from their professional experience?
When I take any decision, it is some "filter": if I really want it? don't hurt me or anyone? It is a necessary condition for me to start to consider it.
Wisdom for me, a relative concept. The decisions I make, seem to me quite appropriate, necessary, important at the time of adoption. Time passes and things change, I change, the context in which I live. And related to this decision may change. I learned to accept it.
7. Many believe that psychologists never cry that they have no depression and failure. Is it really so? Was there a time in your life cases, when all hands fell?
In my life I have perivale and loss and separation and depression. Experienced differently. Sometimes it seemed that I fell into a pit from which the most can't get out. And then it became clear that another. Here I'm talking about the possibility to seek the support of family and about working with a therapist.
8. As you consider whether you need a psychologist therapist? the
I Think that is necessary. Each person in life happen different, including difficult events. The psychologist must be sufficient resources, while remaining sensitive to their feelings and experiences of the client. Without professional involvement other is very difficult.
9. Or do you worry too much the problems of their clients, pass them through themselves, and this is hard for you?
it Happens. Especially if the story somehow resonates with my personal experience. To stay in a professional position helps me supervision.
10. What is the stereotype about psychologists you hear most often? How you react to it, what would you like to tell?
Once in the hospital before surgery, the surgeon said to me, "what are you so afraid of? You're a psychologist!".)))
it's Probably something that a psychologist possesses any superhuman abilities. That psychologist lives a very good life, never makes mistakes and he is doing well. the
Psychologist – is a profession. Yes, working in this profession makes a big difference in a person's life, change the person. But he still remains a man with his opportunities and limitations.
11. A question to psychologists who have children: how you communicate with your child helps you do your professional experience? What your child says about your profession, how it responds?
can't say that the parental role is difficult for me. Of course, I missed, did wrong, suffered for it.
At some stage in the adolescence of my daughter, it was hard for me to understand and find the logic in her behavior. I needed emotional stability in order to "survive" their child. And.. continue to love, not to deprive her personality. This is the main.
Now when my daughter the adult (she was 18), I notice it on many issues are much freer, more stable, so that there))..wiser than I was at her age. She has an opinion, often does not agree with me, is able to say "no", able to admit mistakes is not easy, our relationship, but does not destroy them. Then I realize like I'm good enough mother. And my child can live in this imperfect world.
the Most difficult part for me was and still is to stop yourself from obsessive worries and to give your child to make a mistake.
12. Does your experience to build a harmonious relationship with the second half, with loved ones? How?
Marriage to me is a difficult but exciting adventure, which for 20 years)). And during that time I had to say goodbye to the idea that my man is my second half. He's different and doesn't always meet my expectations. We change, and as a couple and individually. And our "journey" continues.))
13. Has your practice special cases that you always remember (happy or sad, funny, unexpected, unusual, story with a particularly happy ending, embarrassments, and so on)?
When the client recovers. When the disease does not return for several years. When a woman for a long time can not be pregnant and then it happens and the long-awaited child is born. When a person in adulthood decided to change the activity and for the first time in a long time begins to feel satisfaction from life. When the fear that has bound the person recedes, and in its place comes a liveliness, a curiosity. Every time I wonder: how does the human body, its posture, voice, gestures, eyes – like he's all "alive".
14. What psychological advice that you give to your customers that you keep seven? Is there some special rule that you always help?
Life is what's happening right now, it can not be postponed. And Man the author of his own life.