Modern society lives in the age of fast pace development of information technology. Already rarely hear the question: "is it worth it to buy a child a computer?". As a rule, most families already have a computer, and often all sorts of other gadgets and devices (devices). So the question arises, at what age a child can use a computer? To answer this question it is necessary to consider the peculiarities of the perception of the child virtual information depending on its age.
for the first 3-4 years the child draws only the movement on the screen, and the content of the cartoons or games, he doesn't understand.
4 to 7 years old children hardly distinguish between the real and the imagined, can compare ourselves with favorite characters.
After 7 years, children can match images and content with reality. They already have an idea of time and space, they learn to talk.
Only 10-11 years important getting content seen, which the children are able to analyze. At about this age, they can choose the programs and games they are interested in. A large role plays the guidance of an adult.
So, consider the impact of the computer on child aged 7 to 11 years of age, ie primary school age.
In most cases, the parents ' opinion is categorical, it's either a complete ban or not limited access to computer technology. According to statistics, only one of the parents is fit correctly and adequately to address this question. I must say that the problem lies not only in literacy parents, but lack of time, fatigue and congestion of modern moms and dads. The fast pace of life often forces parents to make a decision on full admission of the child to the computer, thereby freeing up time for other things while the child is at home and busy "thing." A complete ban is quite rare, as only the most persistent and strict parents can resist the active requests of their children.
so we define harm and benefit of computer to our children.
the damage from the computer:
- significant visual load;
- long forced posture, static stress on the muscles;
- the excess of information is not age-appropriate (violence, sex scene, sect, etc);
- impact on the psyche of the child (poverty of emotional sphere and aggression, escape from reality, disturbance of social contacts, etc.);
the Computer may cause certain harm to the education of children of primary school age. In children decreases academic performance in many disciplines. The fact that the child is too strong a temptation to use the various functionality of the computer during the lessons (various apps and online resources).
in addition, most of the time allotted to prepare the homework with the uncontrolled use of the computer, will be spent on communication in different social networks, forums, or computer games, which negatively affects performance.
- the ability to use computer equipment;
- development of logical and operational thinking;
- the ability to predict;
- the development of voluntary memory and attention;
- development of motor skills;
- the formation of visual-motor coordination;
- the formation of a gaming and business motivation. First, games bring fun to children, and secondly, during the passage of any game, the child forms the qualities which can be useful to him in life. He learns to achieve certain goals, to bring the case to the end, to improve their results. Showing perseverance, the child thus develops it. Games promote intellectual development, because many of them have to choose between several options and be smart. Thirdly, games are not only entertaining, but also educational and developmental. You can purchase games, contributing to the rapid development of cognitive functions of the child.
As you can see, the computer needs of a student. Without it, the child will develop harmoniously, without having certain skills, and skills for successful self-realization, which requires the world around him.
In the end, the main task confronting parents is not to ban access to a computer and protection of mental and physical health of the child when working on the computer.
a Few tips for parents:
- the time of communication of the child with a computer should be metered, for younger students is not more than 2 hours a day. Remember that rest time should be 2-3 times more time spent at the computer;
- use a password on the computer so that the child could not uncontrollably use it;
- properly organize work place: provide adequate coverage, pick up a chair and a table in accordance with the growth of the child, place the monitor at a distance of 50 - 60 cm to the eye, use of modern monitors. To reduce eyestrain, use the exercises for the eyes;
- to reduce static muscle tension it is necessary to do breaks in work, to move, to move in a vertical position, make a few physical exercise of medium intensity (bends, turns of the body, circular movements of the head, etc.);
- use educational computer games and programs, avoid aggressive games orientation;
- use the program "protection of children", that will allow you to control all the actions of the child at the computer and avoid negative information;
- it is not recommended to allow your child to use the computer before bedtime.
Spend as much time and attention to your child and joint activities, argue and explain their limitations and restrictions, and then even in working with the computer the child will only benefit.