When I ask for the General diagnosis of personality, psychological portrait, I think the most important thing – it's not easy to describe the current situation and show the client what are his traits, he help and which hinder or conflict with each other.
here is a list of the main, in my opinion, the principles work to create a psychological portrait of the individual, provided that it is designed for the customer and not used for external evaluation of his personality.
- Complexity. No one personality trait cannot be considered in isolation from the overall picture. In my opinion it is pointless to describe the man. Which means poise or introversion in General. Matter how this quality fits into his personality pattern.
- severity. it is important to consider the severity of all qualities. What absolute intensity (high, medium, low), although taken into account, but often less informative than the relative (as far as prudence is higher or lower persistence, for example).
- Multiple levels of analysis. It is important to consider how individual qualities of a personality, and simple and complex personal factors that they form.
- Visibility. Definitely need clear charts, histograms, real-life examples. A person should not drown in the mass of new information, it needs to learn about yourself and make discoveries that are ready to understand and accept.
- Balance of the conscious and subconscious. I think it is important to combine test and projective methods to the information provided was voluminous, describes the whole person.
- warning on conflicts, contradictions. If two conducted techniques gave us the opposite results. In most cases it is not the error diagnostics (if you're using a proven, valid and reliable methods), and identified the intrapersonal conflict. It is important to highlight it in the description, to stress its nature, possible causes, effect on life and human behavior and recommend ways to overcome it. Sometimes this conflict is the driving force of the individual and the person may not want to overcome it. Such a right is always necessary for him to leave.
- the Delicacy and the lack of finality. Despite the reliability and solidity of the techniques used and I have sufficient experience in diagnosis. I always keep in mind the possibility that my conclusions and assumptions may prove to be incorrect. Therefore, for the description, try to choose a soft language, to give the client the ability to make a decision whether he agrees or not with the read, but not to impose their own interpretation, using his own reputation and authority.
Most importantly, that the finished portrait should not become an ode of praise to the virtues of the client. In order to make it more useful, it needs to reveal all aspects of personality, even those which are not too pleasant to learn. My goal – to help the person in the cognition, development and acceptance of oneself and not give him the pleasure from the reading of the diagnostic results.