One of the most common phobias is glossofobiya, best known as the fear or stage fright. Many faced with this in adolescence, but also many have this phobia remains in adult life.
Even people whose profession is a constant presence on the stage, unable to fear it. About 95% of the population of the planet suffer from this phobia to some extent, so some of the artists or the politicians every time they have to overcome themselves before the performance.
Symptoms and signs of glossophobia
many people Have stage fright is not a pathological phobia, but simply a natural emotion, which is sometimes even useful in some cases.
But this excitement should not cross boundaries and to develop into inexplicable fear, which is to be presented before the performance and during it. Otherwise, this is glossofobiya.
• Changing the timbre, tone and volume of voice, ranging from quiet to too loud. Also voice shakes.
• the Muscles usually tense up and increase.
• mouth may be dry, which may even lose the ability to speak.
• a Person excessively sweats, heartbeat increases, as well as rapidly changing blood pressure.
• May be accompanied by headache, oppressive, and chilling sensation in the heart area. In addition, you may experience involuntary urination.
All of these symptoms each person manifested in different ways, to a greater or lesser extent, as, first, the power of glossophobia all different, and, secondly, it all depends on individuality of the person, his psychological and physiological characteristics of the organism. Happen rare situation when glossofobiya reaches the extreme point in the mind of a man, and he might even faint, the duration of which may be very different. Usually the prerequisites are: nervous irritability, personal intolerance, nausea, tremor, pallor, dry mouth and lips, cold fingers and hands.
Despite such critical moments, glossofobiya primarily manifested with not very strong symptoms, limited to visible emotion, often excessive sweating and increased heart rate.
Causes of fear act
• intense fear of public rejection. I don't like people and it will be terrible.
• the Reason may lie in childhood, if the upbringing was too strict.
• Parents, frightening and forbidding, much to their children at an early age contribute to the appearance of glossophobia.
• Low self-esteem is also an important reason. With her negative attitude towards yourself creates a phobia.
• Experience in childhood, which brought about no good and pulled a negative criticism.
• Excessive sensitivity and susceptibility to the criticism of other people.
How to stop being afraid to speak
it is best to solve to enlist the help of a psychologist. If you have decided by yourself to deal with it, you can pay attention to the following recommendations.
to overcome stage fright, you first need to fully understand the problem and accept it.
Next is to analyze all the reasons for its occurrence.
you Need to think about how to solve the issue. You can even make a plan or algorithm.
Then it is very important to test all your arguments and assumptions in practice, not missing any detail.
This process is very time consuming and requires a lot of time that you need to find yourself every day, otherwise You will not see the result and sense.
1. You must delete from your field of view is unknown, which play an important role to create. Analyze the audience in front of You, identify as much information as possible about people before kotorymi you are (age, social class, appearance, number) and then you could take all of them unknown.
2. Pay attention only to the approving and positive gestures. Something negative can bring out of a rut. Any approval, motion or visible manifestation of respect is very important to notice when you look at the audience, because it will be to cope with nervousness.
3. Always rehearse in front of a mirror or loved ones. Be sure that you know all your program, it will also give you confidence. In addition, You can look to the furthest point where there are no people.
4. Do not think that You have to be perfect. You are human, so error is also acceptable, if they are not critical. It is important to recognize the fact that you can make mistakes.
5. Try refers to the situation, looking at it only the positive moments.
a More detailed article on glossophobia