Adolescence is considered to be the most difficult period of growing up. It is connected not only with the development of personality or independence, but with a lot of temptations that await him in the outside world.
Quite often, it is during adolescence under the influence of peers or of his curiosity, the young people are trying drugs. In this article we have collected main signs for which parents can determine that their child is using illegal substances.
Says Oleg Boldyrev, author and scientific consultant of the program of recovery for drug and alcohol addicts "the Decision", co-author of the program a complete modification of the personality "Revolucija".
the Use of any drugs in any way impact on the physical condition of the person, so the first thing you should pay attention to physiological signs:
• Painful eyes. the Use of almost any drug is primarily manifested through the eyes. The redness, unhealthy sheen, the lack of sensitivity of the pupils (they are constantly dilated or constricted, regardless of light) — all this is a clear indication that the person uses drugs.
• violation of the sleep mode. the Teenager could not sleep for days, and then abruptly disconnect. Sometimes there is excessive sleepiness and volosti.
• failure in the functioning of the body. Side effects from drug use may be the following changes: sudden weight loss, paleness and dryness of the skin, bad smell from skin secretions and mouth.
• an appetite. Sharp changes in food preferences, refusal of food or excessive overeating, a high intake of water — all it can serve as a Wake-up call for parents indicating that their child started using drugs.
excessive activity, talkativeness and conversations in tratarasa pace, and slow response and the sluggish pace of speech are indirect signs of use NARKOTIKOV.
Physiological signs of drug use may not always be noticeable, because every body is different, and some of them do. It is therefore necessary to pay attention not only to changes in the body, but also on the psychological state of the child:
• Stealth. most Teens who use drugs because of fear of being exposed become unsociable. They don't want to answer seemingly ordinary questions: "How was your day?", "What did you do today?", "Who walked?" and so on.
• mood Swings. Sharp transitions from indifference to activity, from fun to melancholy, and back may be indicative of drug use.
• Increased aggression. As a rule, teenagers who use drugs exhibit enhanced aggression not only to surrounding people but also to objects and events!
• Loss of interest in life. the Rejection of Hobbies, complete apathy, loss of interest to the University, school, new knowledge, communication with peers — such a psychological state provoked drugs.
• being Rude to the family. due To the fact that the teenager clearly understands that the family will not accept his new passion for banned substances, he starts to treat their relatives more grub.
Every body reacts to drugs in different ways- sometimes you are not able to determine whether their use in the absence of any psychological or physiological reactions. What to do in this case?
Watch out more vigilantly for teenager behaviour and appearance of the suspicious predmetov.
behavioral signs of drug use include:
• Purchased sloppy in appearance.
• Frequent exposure to the street.
• Abrupt change of plans under the pretext of urgent Affairs, which the teenager can not tell.
• Use speech specific slang words.
• Attempts to conceal the content of their phone conversations.
• Changing environment — new unknown druzya.
Suspicious items can be considered:
• Various accessories for Smoking
• Empty bottle
• the Caps or thimbles with holes
• Hardened plastic bottles
it is Important to understand drugs in adolescence not only can lead to negative health consequences, but also become a bridge to more serious substances, so a close eye on this issue impossible.
If you notice even the slightest hints should talk to the child and to take him to a relevant specialist!
Photo: Shutterstock/VOSTOCKLet's be friends on social networks! Follow us on Facebook, Vkontakte and Facebook!