It's a mental disorder develops in the postpartum period and is accompanied by increased anxiety, irritability, depressed mood down to apathy.
Often this condition is associated with hormonal changes in a woman's body, but in many cases, a clear link has not been traced. At the peak of pregnancy hormones even higher, however, depression does not develop.
the Causes of postpartum depression:
1. Unwanted pregnancy. Having a baby is regarded as the main stress factor.
2. Complex family relationships (conflicts, infidelity of a spouse).
3. Financial problems.
4. Personality (accentuations and personality disorders). High risk theatrical people, anxious and avoidant.
5. The discrepancy expected.
6. Traumatic, in psychological terms, children experience conflicts with parents, systematic humiliation, lack of attention in childhood.
How does postpartum depression.
1. Complaints of fatigue, unwillingness to do anything. Tearfulness, irritability, emotional outbursts.
2. Bodily manifestations - occasionally headache, General discomfort, dry mouth, feeling disruptions of the heart, high blood pressure, rapid pulse, constipation, brittle hair and nails, menstrual irregularities.
3. Postale tense anxious expectation, until the development of panic attacks
4. Guilt and different ideas self-blame - I'm a bad mother, I can not do anything, I need to be able to and so on.
Diagnostics. Diagnosis is on the scale of mood disorders. For example, the depression scale of Beck.
When there is and what is the duration?
the timing of the development from the first weeks to years and months.
Drug treatment. The use of any psychotropic medications during breastfeeding is not recommended.
In other cases is selected individually, usually fluoxetine and other drugs of SSRI group
Psychotherapy. Individually and in groups.
30 years old female Patient were asked to accept in connection with the lack of energy, headaches and decreased mood. On a scale of Beck - severe depression. The condition developed after the birth of her third child. Fairly soon married and children are not planned. The husband wanted kids, three of them now, but when she stays home with the children, severe anxiety and panic.
the process of psychotherapy it became clear that parents often criticized and bantered, it felt like some kind of unnecessary, even wanted to run away from home. Then the idea is not to have children, so they do not suffer. Grown, times have changed, married, husband surrounded us with care and support, all free time was spend with the children. She had fear - don't love me anymore. He's so good. I get less care. And when he was with the one thought that I'm a bad mother. Constant disturbing thoughts about it caused anxiety and depression.
the Aim of psychotherapy was to change the painful false beliefs about myself.