Psychological game "Reset".
Very often psychologists, working with the client, faced with the fact that the majority of problems occurs because it is incorrect, maladaptive thinking. An example of such thinking can be of various rigid, non-adaptive installation or cognitive distortions. In this regard, a large part of the therapeutic process will be to identify those installations or distortions and their correction. In fact, this direction of psychotherapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy and aimed at it.
But the therapy therapy, and what to do to help the person to self-adjust their thinking, allowing you to accumulate distortions, and maladaptive attitudes. What to look for prevention thinking, its a reboot. The experience of such prevention exists in human culture is meditation, and very different forms (I will not list them here). This practice now include the process of psychotherapy, what is called mindfulness therapy. But for many people it may seem rather complex for self-study. For such people, there are more simple techniques of meditation, for example, "10 morning the lines" when people Wake up, record the first ten thoughts that came into his head. I use a variant of this technique by practicing the writing of fairy tales in the morning (as the help tool use the dice history). But this work requires discipline, and it is not exactly call enticing.
To solve the problem of prevention of thinking I would like to use a less energy-intensive methods to achieve results fun and exciting. For these purposes, you can try to use psychological games. One version of the game I want you to imagine.
the Game is "Reset".
Goal: identifying cognitive distortions and negative attitudes, their correction.
Equipment: the cubes of stories (I use "Fairy cubes"), diary of a player tokens for play poker.
Participants: is played by 4 person.
game Time: 2 hours.
- select the cube that is associated for you with unpleasant emotions;
- what emotion is, in what situations it is most likely to occur, what is your reaction in these situations, how much you rate (maximum score 100), write down in your journal;
- select the cube, which you associate with those thoughts that you have and cause this emotion, write it down in a diary;
- now try to prove to yourself that your idea truthfully describes reality, that in turn take the dice, which are associated for you with arguments for your idea and counter-arguments (for three dice "for" and "against"), record these in a diary;
- you have the last cube and you worked hard and analyzing their thoughts, consider how more most likely may sound the idea, describing the situation, you analyze, let you help her to find the Association on the last cube, record that idea in your journal;
- now consider your emotions again how the new idea affects them, reduce them or not, now, rate your emotion (maximum score 100), consider whether to change your reactions when you use new thoughts, write down in your diary;
- now summarize your first move to do this, subtract from the sum the initial evaluation of emotion of the sum of the second assessment, if the difference is positive, it will be your "income" from the first move, if negative or zero, then income you have, the amount of "income" take out your tokens.
- selects those rows that returned a positive balance;
- for these lines pronounces terms (when used, which is reminiscent of their application, what is the reward for their application to use) application of new thoughts.
the Game can be used one or two times a month.
the App "diary of a player"
First emotion and its evaluation
Modified emotion and its evaluation
terms of new thoughts.
"Reminder" - that will remind me of the necessity of using new thoughts.
Awards how can I reward you for being able to use a new idea.