obesity is Epidemic in Russia is rapidly gaining momentum. Over the past five years the number of people diagnosed has increased by more than a third and amounted, according to the Ministry of health in 2017, to 1.3% of the population (1.9 million people). Excess weight is observed in 26.9% of men of working age (25 to 64 years), in 30.8% of women in the same age category and 5.3% of underage Russians. Almost caught up with America, where obese 40% of the adult population and 20.6% of children and adolescents. A sad achievement...
Many people who are overweight, apply a Herculean effort to deal with this problem: exhausting yourself diets, spend a lot of time and effort to self-study a variety of sports, spend a fortune on nutritionists and fitness trainers, take drugs, etc. Yes, some of these methods help to lose weight (to lose weight, the word "evil" - the beauty and health thus not be returned).
1. Before you start thinking about losing weight, it makes sense to ensure that You have it at the moment redundant. For these purposes there is a "body mass Index", developed in 1869 by the Belgian sociologist and statistician Adolphe Quetelet. It is calculated according to the following formula:
I = M / H2 where M is Your weight in kilograms, H is height in meters.
interpretation of results
16 or less — a large deficit of mass;
16-18,5 — a relatively small deficit of body weight;
18,5-25 is the optimal ratio of height and weight;
25-30 — overweight;
the 30-35 obesity first degree;
35-40 — obesity the second degree;
over 40 — obesity of the third degree.
2. If the calculations still showed excess weight, be sure to consult a endocrinologist and get yourself checked to rule out hormonal disorders, a symptom which it may be.
causes of excessive weight can be genetic, fiziologicheskie, and psychological. To identify or exclude genetic or physiological reasons need to be examined.
Here we will talk about the psychological reasons and some physiological. those that can fix itself.
1. Improper diet - lots of fat and sugar in the diet, abuse of sweets and fast food, irregular meals, eating on the go (for example, driving or watching television), "habit" (for example, a break at work) or outside the company, no Breakfast and a hearty dinner before going to sleep (often because of the rush), frequent heavy meal, etc.
2. Unhealthy lifestyle – sedentary job, sedentary leisure, deficiency of physical activity (30-60 minutes of exercise a day);
3. Bad habits (Smoking, alcoholism, Internet addiction), etc.
4. Fatigue and poor sleep (a vicious cycle: excess weight causes difficulty breathing during sleep, sleep apnea, which the person feels overwhelmed in the morning, it was feeling bad, gaining even more weight, worse breathing in her sleep, wakes up again broken... and so until they begin to purposefully lose weight, unless, of course, will find the strength);
5. Psychological causes (food abuse in childhood, dislike for themselves, the inability to distinguish between physical and emotional hunger, the habit of "seizing" emotional discomfort, lack of knowledge about healthy eating, the inability to control their impulsive desires, etc.);
Psychological causes of obesity makes sense to learn more:
1. Food abuse by parents – many of us in childhood fed "voluntary-compulsory", not really interested in not only our preferences, but even those, if we be hungry at the moment. For the sake of the noble goal of "food at any price" was anything: from bla-bla-bla, games and persuasion ("a spoon for mom, spoon for dad"), to threats ("until it eat from the table will not work"), accusations, pressure, shame and conscience ("in Africa children are starving, and here you throw food") and even outright aggression (in some families, the mother could pour out the child a plate of cold soup on his head as punishment for poor appetite). Many of us remember from childhood the requirement that you first have to eat tasteless, and only then taken for a delicious, you can't leave food on the plate to give food away, throwing food away, even if they go bad... Around the perfectly natural process of eating heaps in the set of conventions, which we feel bad, guilty, weak and frightened, even many years after he ceased to be children. Internal food rapist who was once a very real parent, stands out, so everyone remained in their places, and we have to make efforts to "allow" myself to eat properly, ie, then when and what I want, keeping only the most necessary rules for health.
2. The use of food as a universal means of meeting the needs that the physiological saturation is not have absolutely no relationship. For example, safety (easier to jam the alarm, than to take action to protect themselves or to deal with irrational fears), novelty (it is easy to try a new dish), a high social status (visit expensive restaurants, even if it is beyond their means), positive emotions (food as source of pleasure always at hand).
3. The perception of the meal as part of the communication process – to identify yourself with your family, friends or colleagues, a person eats with them, even when not hungry, or selects the same meals that prefers this group, because if you deviate from the "culinary traditions", may face resistance and even rejection. After all, if one person change their eating behavior, other group members also have some way to correct that is clearly not part of their plans. This resistance of the environment can complicate the weight loss process.
4. A dislike to her, or rather primitive-infantile understanding of self-care as indulgence his impulsive outbursts. True love of self is primarily the maintenance of health and beauty, and the uncontrolled gluttony that does not contribute. Dislike itself explains the human desire to work harder and longer, sacrificing hours of sleep just to not look weak(Oh) or lazy(oops). Lack of normal sleep and rest turns into the accumulation of fatigue, which again seized. This person is in illusion that "enhanced" food will give him strength and help resist fatigue. And all this leads to more weight gain. It is a vicious circle.
5. The inability to distinguish between physical and emotional hunger – boredom, sadness, anger, frustration, loneliness, and other feelings are interpreted as hunger. Alexithymia (inability to recognise and describe their emotions) makes it difficult to find the psychological reasons of excess weight and their elimination. Psychological discomfort did not experience, he simply seized. The physiological reason for this cognitive error – cortisol, the stress hormone. When the negative emotion, the adrenal glands begin to produce it more active, which can really increase the appetite, however the proper level of awareness of this "hunger" is easy to distinguish from the true.
6. Lack of physical and emotional intimacy, thanks to which the body produces oxytocin, the "hormone of calm" is the same as eating fatty foods. Of course, the "relationship" with food to build simpler than a human, but the second option is much nicer and more useful.
7. The trauma of sexual violence. A woman living with such a secret can unconsciously gain weight to hide their attractiveness and to prevent the recurrence of a similar situation. The same applies to people whose last sexual experience was associated with unpleasant feelings.
we have now discussed in detail, dismantled all the main causes of excess weight. I hope this list will help you to concentrate on important for you the reasons and decide what you can do to eliminate them.
Here is a sample sequence of steps which I recommend:
1. In no case do not sit on a diet! Restrictions provoke disruption, overeating and desire once again to quit. No need to fully give up your favorite foods, you just slightly change the approach. For example, sausages, cooked sausages can be replaced with low-fat varieties of fish, rolls and buns - fruit, nuts, candy, marmalade, marshmallow or a small amount of dark chocolate, sweet drinks– plain water. The only thing you will have to exclude from my diet is fast food. Fortunately, there are a huge number of tasty and healthy dishes that can be prepared quickly. Internet help!
2. Move more. Better to start with morning exercises, walking outdoors, running, dancing. The effectiveness of cardio for fat burning is a myth, still less of the result of stretching and Pilates. To sports stress would be good to add also a cool shower and restorative massage.
3. Long and carefully chewing the food, focusing on its taste. It will slow down Your meal, will help develop a selectivity in food and accustom the brain to receive signals that the stomach is already full, before You overeat to "Bang for the ears". It is noticed that when a person eats slowly, it eats much less food. Spend time on yourself, because it affects not only Your beauty but also health!
4. Deal with psychological problems. When you think that You are hungry, especially if ahead of time, pay attention to what you feel and what needs are trying to satisfy with food. Try to find more constructive ways to regain emotional comfort at such moments.
5. If the deal does not work, then ask for help to a psychologist. Together you will cope!