Workaholics - people who are excessively, literally to the point of absorption, are passionate about their work. In contrast to the hard-working people for whom work is primarily to achieve the goal that brings satisfaction. Workaholics is more important is the process rather than the result. For them the goal is not so significant, because it is the end of the process, and workaholics tend to "gluttony" and "infinity" in the workflow. Without constant involvement in the work, they can't fully experience themselves, their value, usefulness, significance.
Workaholism can be attributed to the nature of dependencies, such as alcoholism, Shopaholic, etc. the similarities are overwhelming demand, often uncontrollable craving, an experience of freedom, until the complete absorption of the dependency object. The risk of workaholism is that people put a priority on only one narrow area of his life. This certainly will suffer other areas: personal life, relationships, personal development, health etc. This all leads to unstable and not harmonious development of his life. If you actively train and pump up only one leg, the second tends to atrophy and not to give additional and, at times, needed support. Also considered to be that workaholism is a socially acceptable form of escape from problems.
Workaholics are often very responsible, not be deprived of perfectionism workers, that should please the leaders. But we must understand that any abuse of anything leads, over time, reduce health, care, creativity and efficiency that makes a workaholic at first its activities. The fact that the constant stress, long stay in the same place, space, uniformity reduces physical and mental endurance, ie, the psyche and the body is "tired" of the monotony. Why is it important to change body position, thoughts, images, and types of sight so that you can recover from typical activities, even if it brings pleasure.
a Responsible attitude to the work can easily be confused with workaholism, so it looks the same. First of all, one must understand that any responsibility has limits, i.e. the liability has a limit. As a workaholic, these boundaries are blurred or he ignores them.
Signs of workaholism:
- built-in Redundancy. "Work, work, and after work work again". Such abuse results in constant delays, work on weekends and holidays, constant thoughts and talk only work. If there is a business need, and these processing are not paid, it is likely that people obsessed with their professional activities. As they say, "we have to work 12 hours, and the head"- not always processing the indicator of the effectiveness of the employee.
- Infinity and eternity. People can not imagine their existence without work, finishing a project instead of inspiration and satisfaction, he gets in a mood or he immediately began to build new plans
- Narrow closed space of life. All other areas of life such as family, relationships, or not developed or affected by man-workaholic
- Inability to reallocate their resources. If you work for a workaholic, well, here is to relax, to spend interesting time, he just can not. They can't imagine how you can do nothing or get pleasure from entertainment, communication with people, outdoor activities, etc
- Signs of addiction. Like the alcoholic, they have a kind of irreversible thrust to work. And all the symptoms of withdrawal: outside they may be irritable, gloomy, not talkative, aggressive. At the meeting with the "object dependencies" work, they have enhanced the mood, have the strength and the meaning of life.
- Giperosmolarnosti and perfectionism. Not so much reason, how many attendant workaholic traits that Hobbies work only intensified. Such people are very demanding and self-critical, they demand the same from others. I sincerely believe that apart from them nobody else will, so take on too many commitments
- Anxiety. This is usually very unstable and anxious people. Because for them the meaning of it all, the fear of failure or job loss for them is felt particularly hard. It may also spread to the whole of life. Workaholics are often very weak and insecure people when it comes to the rest of life. Do not cope with life's difficulties, setbacks, losses.
- denial of the problem. A workaholic sees no problem in their excessive involvement in work. Often protects or justifies the need to improve their well-being, family, or of his indispensability in the workflow.
- Worsening health. Constant tension, stress, processing, obsession with process, unstable mood, can lead to emotional and professional burnout and the physical weakening of the body. At first it can be "innocent" of a cold, when the body signals thus about the fatigue that a person does not want to miss. In consequence, comes to hypertension and problems with the cardiovascular system. Can suffer the digestive tract, disturbed sleep and appetite, frequent headaches appear.
Always returns himself to the work, neglecting the care of your psychological and physical condition can also lead to this sad result, as the proverb goes- "burned at work".
If a person likes his job, and devotes her most of the time, it's not workaholism, but hard work and desire to succeed. The positive side of workaholism appear in many achievements and discoveries made by the people through their perseverance and efforts. On the other hand, it is important to understand at what cost this was achieved. Here the man himself chooses to work for life or live for work.
to get Rid of workaholism is not so simple. Like any addiction there is a whole complex of objective and subjective reasons. Workaholics, like alcoholics are not born, they become. There is an inherited or acquired trait of workaholism is passed down from parents or manifested as a result of achieving the idea of its sorrelli.
In the first place, there must be recognition of the problem, understanding how it affects the lives and experience of some power problems on themselves. Workaholism is an escape from reality with which the person is not able or does not want to deal with. Therefore the next optimal step would be to appeal to the specialist psychologist who will help you objectively study the situation, to understand the origins of the problem, develop a reasonable and justified attitude to work, to adjust or restore other areas of life that were not used or put on the back burner. It will help the person to align the obvious imbalances and instability in the harmonious development of his life.
my Main thought was included in the article